1. Going to get a spray tan today. Not so sure how it’s going to work out but I have no interest in trying to apply tanner to my face, so I’ll give it a go! Here’s to hoping for no orange or weird streaks.
2. My new picture frames for my bedroom look perfect. The pictures were too rustic looking for my typical black frames so Cole made these out of old barn wood from his parent’s land.
3. Mason soap jars! This was actually much easier than the original website since I used a nail and hammer to make the original hole in the lid and simply cut the plastic dispenser with a box cutter. I plan to eventually stain the inside and paint the lid, but I love them so far! I knew there was a reason to keep my empty dispensers.
4. BarkBox for July. These always ship on the 15th of the month and since they come from NY, they typically take two weeks. This month actually arrived just 5 business days after shipping! We were beyond excited and if we decide to take Gracie with us to Ochoco this weekend, I’ll be taking some of these items. I cheated and read Ramblings of a Suburban Mom’s review, but she has much smaller dogs than Gracie, so I knew it would be a little different. Her review did make me a little anxious since her No Grainers Soft Chews were chicken flavor and Gracie is allergic. I’ve put this in my BarkBox info, and happily, they sent us beef.
The green toy is a Wigzi pocket bone and smells incredible. It’s a little intimidating to first sniff a dog toy, but this one is downright lickable. There are pockets for treats, it floats, and it’s dishwasher safe. We will be taking it if Grace decides to go this weekend. On the topic of yummy things, I want to try one of the Max & Ruffy’s Natural Organic Treats for Dogs. Banana and Coconut? Yes, please!
Tender Stikz did include a chicken flavor, but there was also another beef one I think that only lasted long enough for me to open it. Grace will have to give the chicken to her cousin.
After reading Jen’s post, I couldn’t wait for Mr. Barksmith’s Smoothies for Dogs. Gracie loves these and I buy them at the store whenever I remember. It immediately went in the freezer and I’ll probably give it to her this afternoon.
5. I was wondering if I wanted to continue my BarkBox subscription…I’m up for a 6 month renewal on August 3. I just ordered a Happy Dog Box to try out since they have a special where you just pay shipping for your first box. I think it’s $30 a month, which is more than my $18 for BarkBox, but we’ll see what it includes.
6. Sara posted a deal about a week ago for MailChimp to play a quick puzzle and get a surprise gift. Imagine my surprise when this came so fast. For an email service, I can’t believe what cute packaging they have! The box will be saved for Christmas while my nephew will love the chimp.
7. I still haven’t received my Thredup.com bag payout. I sent in items about a month and a half ago. I received this email a couple weeks ago:
I just wanted to send you a quick note and deeply apologize that it has taken us a little longer to process your thredUP bag than we had hoped. You can still expect to receive your payout by Sunday, July 21st.
I haven’t gotten anything. Their only method of communication is an email address, so there’s no quick response. I would have just taken my clothes to Goodwill otherwise, so any return is more than I would have gotten, so I’m not terribly annoyed, I’d just like to cross it off my list of things to watch.
8. I’m terrified and incredibly excited to have ordered these sandals last week. They are from a site I don’t know of, but research showed that it was legit. I’m terrified because they posted that they were typically a size too small, so I had to order out of my comfort zone. They get here on Monday, so here’s to hoping. If they work, they might be my favorite things of the year.
9. I also stepped out of my comfort zone and ordered these shorts. I only have one pair of denim shorts and have been too lazy to want to make these as a pinterest project. I couldn’t find anything about reviews on sizing, so I went with their sizing chart, which was spot on to my sizing, but probably not accurate with their different brands.
10. Cole was sent to a wildfire last night that was threatening 100 homes. I had a moment of panic thinking about the Colorado fires. Luckily, the fire was contained and he came home quickly. Now to get our own house more fire resistant with the surrounding woods.